When Covid first landed on our shores, it put a strain on our Retail Industry and as a result, many shops had to close to cut their losses. Most of us switched to shopping for what we need online and forgo the usual shopping experience we are so familiar with and love. Let’s face it, we all love shopping and can’t wait to hit the Malls again!
As of 21 August 2021, 78% of our population has completed their full regimen/ received two doses of COVID-19 vaccines, and 82% has received at least one dose. (MOH website)
As more of our population receives both doses of the vaccines, more facilities will be available to those who are fully vaccinated. This includes all retail outlets, eateries and entertainment venues. There are still minor restrictions but with SafeEntry and TraceTogether, we are in a much safer environment than before. There are now more opportunities in the Retail Industry as many shops are reopening and hiring! Now is the time to tap on available training opportunities and prepare yourselves for the new economy!
So, what about the WSQ Diploma in Retail that is so special that you should sign up for it?
What will you learn?
- Adapt to Change – The course aims to equip learners with the skills and knowledge required to identify the global trends and changes impacting the workplace. It also aims to equip learners in lifelong learning that will help them adapt to the many changes so as to achieve sustained employability in the new knowledge economy.
- Retailing and the Economy – This course aims to equip learners with the ability to understand key considerations and target markets in retailing, as well as to understand the Economic system and concepts of Demand & Supply in the retail industry.
- Productivity Improvement – The course aims to equip learners with the understanding of the concept of productivity and innovation, recognizing needs for productivity improvement, identifying and applying simple techniques and tools for potential productivity improvement at the workplace.
- Workplace Communication – This course aims to equip learners with the knowledge and skills to identify and analyze gaps in communication, as well as to develop a communication plan to evaluate proposed improvements. This course also aims to foster innovation, creativity, and a sense of collaboration among students.
- Sales Target Management – This course aims to equip learners with the knowledge and skills to communicate and motivate staff to achieve sales targets in the retailing environment. It also aims to empower students to apply strategic sales target management skills in order to achieve sales target and goals.
- Customer Experience Innovation – This course aims to equip learners with the knowledge and skills needed to develop and analyze gaps in the customer journey map, as well as to evaluate proposed improvements for implementation to enhance a good customer experience.
- Customer Loyalty and Retention Strategy Formulation – This course aims to establish key components of customer loyalty strategies and to develop strategies for customer acquisition and retention. This course also aims to refine workflow processes and SOPs for service delivery.
- Emerging Technology – This course aims to provide learners with knowledge and skills to lead analysis of emerging technologies and drive implementation of industry-specific technologies for organisational effectiveness. Establish a framework, guidelines, and procedures to review and adopt emerging technologies.
Is the course expensive? How can I pay for it?
Currently, the WSQ Diploma in Retail receives up to 90% funding support from the government and is SkillsFuture Credit eligible. This means that after applicable funding support, the balance nett fee can be paid using your SkillsFuture Credit. If you are below 30 years of age and still have money in your Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA), you can utilise that to pay for the fees as well!
How can I find out more?
To learn more about the WSQ Diploma in Retail and how much are the fees for the various modules, please click the button below: